Job Market Paper: The economic consequences of intimate partner violence during young adulthood: longitudinal evidence from the US
Research Interests: Health economics, gender economics
Teaching Interests/Experience: Health economics, gender economics, history of economic thought, microeconomics
Tanadej "Pete" Vechsuruck
Job Market Paper: A Global Analysis of Income Distribution and Capacity Utilization Interactions: The Structuralist View
Research and Teaching Expertise: Macroeconomics, development economics, international economics, mathematics for economics, history of economic thought
Job Market Paper: The Effect of Labor Market Outcomes on Incarceration Rate in USA 1980-2015
Research Interests: Inequality within the Labor Market and Its Social Consequences, Integration of Young People into the Economic System, Labor Mobility, Technology and Labor Productivity, Labor Organization, Alternative Economic Systems, World System Theory
Teaching Experience: University Of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: Principles of Microeconomics (Fall 2012 and Spring 2013), Principles of Macroeconomics (Fall 2013 and Spring 2014), Labor Economics (Fall 2014 and Spring 2015), Marxian Economics (Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017), International Economics (online) (Fall 2017) Bosphoros University, Istanbul, Turkey: Principles of Microeconomics (Summer 2012 and Summer 2013), Marxian Economics (Summer 2015, Summer 2017) Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China: Why Some Workers Earn More (Summer 2014), Preparing the Future Labor Force (Summer 2014)
JOB MARKET INFORMATION
Below are links to job postings and other information relevant to the job market.
- The American Economic Association: Check here for information on the AEA/ASSA meetings and the placement service offered at the meetings.
- Job Openings for Economists: Note that there are several articles with information about the job market listed at the bottom of the page. The Cawley article may be particularly helpful and is updated annually.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- The Economic Research Network: Follow the links from the Social Science Research Network to the Economic Research Network and to "Job Openings."
- Holmes and Colander, "The Hiring of and Economist: A Case Study," The American Economist Spring 2007: This is a nice description of how the conference interview/flyout/job offer process works on the "labor demand" end.